Re: [Amps] "Best" limit indicators for multi-turn, shaft-driven gadgetry

To: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] "Best" limit indicators for multi-turn, shaft-driven gadgetry
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@q.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 14:01:05 -0700
No argument here, but you still have to have zero and full-range limit
indicators, or "stops". A shaft encoder (or just counting motor steps,
which is what I would probably do) gives you relative position, but
generally not absolute.

Unless, of course, someone begets a better mousetrap - which is why I
posted the question here. :-)

Thanks,
--jim

Jim Barber, N7CXI