[Amps] 2 Ways of Gettering...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 2 Ways of Gettering...
From: Patrick Barthelow <apolloeme@live.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 07:41:41 -0700

Hello Willy,

What I learned from this forum, was a second
gettering process, after being familiar with the first, and which I have
 used on 3-500Z family of tubes.   That is the process of
running the plate with significant color which activates the gettering
material on the outside of the plate, to do the gettering process.

The
 gettering of External Anode tubes,  is different, where sustained
normal temperatures of the hot cathode, provide the gettering action,
which is done  by the cathode, not the plate.
73,
Best Regards,
Pat Barthelow AA6GE