Re: [Amps] 2 ways of Gettering...

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 2 ways of Gettering...
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:16:54 -0400
Roger (sub1) wrote:

> On 9/13/2011 3:40 PM, John Lyles wrote:
>> Actually the getter is there all the time and what you are speaking about is
>> how to reactivate the gettering process.
>> By heating "some" metallic getters such as coated plates, they attract more
>> ions and molecules of gas in vacuum device. Running the plate with color

> Somebody actually runs glass tubes without color in the plates?

   Actually yes.  I operated a DX-100 for 2 years as a novice and there was no
heat.
I have seen a vast quantity of broadcast transmitters am and fm operating with
no detectable sign of
red, but many did operated with red plate spots depending on how hard they had
to be pushed.
--
    Ron  KA4INM - Ifen my mother in law were to boil water
                  it would taste funny ... Earl Pitts 9-1-11