[Amps] Is after-powerdown cooling desirable?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Is after-powerdown cooling desirable?
From: John Lyles <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 21:59:30 -0700
All the large ceramic/metal tubes that I use require a cool-down period
after the filament is completely extinguished, before fans blowing
through the base of the tube, and anode water stop.
I've designed with 3 different Thales tubes, all require >5 minutes of
air after filament is ramped down to zero volts. Without doing this, the
warranty is voided. These are much larger tubes than hams use, but
still, the principle may be similar.
73
John
K5PRO