Re: [Amps] Is after-powerdown cooling desirable?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Is after-powerdown cooling desirable?
From: rbethman <rbethman@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 12:20:26 -0500
I run an Amp Supply LK-500ZB.

While it isn't a problem, being a VERY well built and designed
amplifier, I have used nylon screws and nuts to place a muffin fan over
the top of the 3-500Zs.  I have it manually switched.  I turn it on just
before turning the amplifier off.

I have found that it reduces any residual heat fairly quickly.

If history is any indicator, I'm STILL running the same Eimac 3-500Zs
that I got with it in 1999.

I have full output power, AND I *DO* feed it AM with a DX-60.  I tend to
"ragchew".  So this amp has been heavily used on both AM and CW.  Some SSB.

YMMV

Bob - N0DGN