Re: [Amps] Length of coax from xcvr to amp affecting input swr.

To: Robert Morris <robrk@nidhog.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Length of coax from xcvr to amp affecting input swr.
From: Glen Zook <gzook@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 14:33:39 -0800 (PST)
There was a later Service Letter, not a true Service Bulletin put out
rescinding this requirement.

>From what I understand, Art Collins told Warren Brune to "fix" the need for
>the 20.5 foot long cable like was required for the 30S-1.  I don't know if the
>actual requirement for the 20.5 foot long cable was actually eliminated or if
>actual use of the shorter cable did not really affect the performance enough
>to warrant the need for the longer input cable.

Somewhere, I think I have a copy of the Service Letter.  I will try to find it.

I don't know if there was a later version of the manual printed.  The 30L-1 was
definitely made for a number of years after the 1962 manual was printed.  The
1962 manual is the one that is on the CCA website.  The elimination of the
longer cable may be in a later version.

Glen, K9STH

Website:  http://k9sth.com