Re: [Amps] Stripline design

To: kg7hf@comcast.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Stripline design
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 21:41:11 -0500 (EST)
Hi Paul, the single tube design has less capacitance at the tube than the
dual tube design. The lower the capacitance at the tube anode, the more
inductance required to resonate. More inductance equates to a longer  stripline.

If you need more inductance, a narrower stripline will have a higher
impedance and that will cause more inductance for a given length.

Added C at the tuning flapper will also lower the resonant frequency just
as increased inductance does. But, that comes with a price of higher loaded
Q  that translates to higher losses. More tuning C will involve closer
spacing  between the stripline and tuning flapper. Closer spacing means more
likely to  flashover. You can increase the width of the flapper to increase the
C and  retain the wider spacing.

Lot's of design trade offs here!

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 1/5/2012 9:51:16 A.M. Central Standard Time,