Re: [Amps] 4CX1000A

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4CX1000A
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:23:17 -0500
On 1/27/2012 3:46 PM, Roger Dixon wrote:
> Hi Chaps,
> I recently completed my 50MHz 4CX1000A amplifier.  However the Eimac pull I
> have had for a while suffers from excessive secondary emission.
Are you familiar with Tetrode tuning?  At what level of screen current
do you start getting secondary emission?

> The question.  I have recently obtained a NOS 4CX1000A.  However, despite
> being offered as an "Eimac" NOS, both the valve and the original box are
> branded General Electric.  Does anyone have any views as to the
> quality/specification of a valve such as this that is non Eimac branded?
I've not heard of any problems with GE constructed 4CX1000A's. GE has
built a lot of high powered tubes in the past and particularly for the
military.
I'd not be concerned about a GE tube, unless some one comes up with
information on a problem with those tubes.

73

Roger (K8RI)