Re: [Amps] 3-500z amp homebrew question

To: Mr Mike <kf8zn@yahoo.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3-500z amp homebrew question
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 16:13:12 -0500
THis choke is to resolve several problems.
One that is often forgtten is that many antennas don't have a DC path to ground.
Due to that a static charge can begin to build up ( even if the coupling
capacitors are perfect) and
a DC bias is developed on the output capacitor which effectively reduces the
peak RF voltage that
it can handle, thus causing an arc when transmitting.
73
Bill wa4lav