[Amps] Sharing 15 and 10M on a single band switch position?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Sharing 15 and 10M on a single band switch position?
From: David Feldman <wb0gaz@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 06:32:40 -0700 (PDT)
My emerging project amp (a reconstituted Alpha 76A that is missing it's tank
circuit) would normally require a 6-position band switch, but the switches I
have (one and a spare) are 5-position. I'm thinking of designing the tank
circuit to share 15 and 10M on one switch position, by having the PI network
designed for around 24 MHz, on the theory I could use it on 21 and 28 MHz. I
don't plan operate 24 MHz itself with the amp. Losing a bit of efficiency on 21
or 28 MHz isn't a concern. Anything else I should be concerned with?

Thanks,

73 Dave WB0GAZ wb0gaz@yahoo.com