Re: [Amps] every db lost re Tubes vs. Solid State

To: "Sam Carpenter" <sam@owenscommunication.com>, <dhallam@knology.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] every db lost re Tubes vs. Solid State
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 17:55:37 -0400
At 1800W an N gets barely warm on 144 MHz and a bit warmer at 400W on 432.

The combined pair of Eimac cavities at 500W gets decidely toasty on 903 (-;

These are all silver plated USA mil-spec. A similar PL-259 on 2M was
uncomfortable after a few minutes of key down which is what led to the
change.

I can imagine what the combined 150W bricks on 1296 will do but that and 903
are not exactly high activity bands.

Carl
KM1H