Re: [Amps] Oscilloscope Purchase

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Oscilloscope Purchase
From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 12:01:11 -0700
Yours needs re-tweaking. Factory spec for the 465 is flat to 100 MHz +/-
3 db, same as the "B" model. Nearly all of them were much flatter than 3
db, typically a fraction of a db. I want to say "all" of them, but there
are 50,000 of them out there. There could be a few that eat up the whole
spec.   :-)

As to your statement that both models were sold concurrently: There
probably was some sales overlap due to inventory phase-out, but when
production of the 465B started, the 465 stopped.

I did production test and cal for about three years on the 465 before
the "B" came out. There were about 20 techs on the production line.  We
unanimously preferred the "B" model.  To each his own.

73, Bill W6WRT

On 6/27/2012 5:34 AM, Ron Youvan wrote:

>   That is because the 465 (I have one) was USABLE to 100 MHz, but FLAT
> to 60 MHz.
   So not being flat to 100 is no surprise.  They were sold concurrently.