Re: [Amps] Amplified TV Antenna

To: <jerry@tr2.com>, <amps@contesting.com>, amPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amplified TV Antenna
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2012 14:27:15 -0400
   I once had a noise problem that I just could not locate.
Late one night I was working DX and had an amplifier I just purchased.
I was normally running 100 watts then.
   My station was in the attached garage at that time and there was a window
with a rather thin curtain on it facing my neighbor's house. I notice a bit of
light illuminating the curtain when I transmitted. Then it would go off a
bit later.
I got up and looked out the window and noticed it was my neighbors bedroom
light. After a while it stayed off and the noise problem went away.
    My guess is that they had a touch lamp in the bedroom and they finally
assumed
that it was defective and unplugged it so they could sleep.
    I never told my neighbor about it. Oddly enough, the husband later got his
ham ticket and was active for a few years.

73
Bill wa4lav