Re: [Amps] Overdrive protection

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Overdrive protection
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:11:13 -0500
Duh...
Why not just use the RF PWR adjustment on the front of the transceiver and
save all that costs and wasted heat dissipated by the attenuator.

"Discipline" is the keyword. With proper drive power management, most
linears will operate trouble free for decades.

I have a Clipperton-L (1980) with the original tubes. I also have a
homebrewed 4-400(2) that I built in 1979. I did not even bother to include
an ALC circuit. Both have been trouble free.

    73s de Jim
       W5IFP