Re: [Amps] 87a will tell you, too

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 87a will tell you, too
From: "Jim W7RY" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 17:01:26 -0700
I can get "over shoot" or a full-power brief spike of RF is the K3.   The
rig is set for, say, 40 watts output and on its first key down, voice or CW,
it jumps to 100 watts for a very brief moment and strangely does not repeat
this spike as that one key-down session continues, but repeats again after a
longer stand-by period.   This is a common and very well known problem with
the K3, but not often discussed due to the powerful love people have for
their K3 radios.  The factory has acknowledeged it but has also denied it.
Facts in my shack.

Charles Harpole

Now I know why I don’t own a K3!  This would be unacceptable!

73
Jim W7RY