Re: [Amps] K3 spike problem

To: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] K3 spike problem
From: "Fern" <crc@cyberlink.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 19:35:27 -0600
Carl:
     I suspect that you tried the earlier production K3 as the early dsp board
had some problems with distorted audio. I own an early production K3 and did
not like the receive audio but when Elecraft offered an upgraded dsp board, it
made it a super radio. I've owned a lot of other hf rigs and still do but my
favourite rig is the K3 by far. Also, one must read the manual to make sure
that all the settings are set for optimum. Even though the K3 has been in
production for several years, it still is the best bang for your buck and don't
forget that it's made in the USA. So with today's depression, why aren't more
of you guys buying made in north america product rather that from off shore?
73 from Fern   VE7GZ