Re: [Amps] K3 spike problem

To: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] K3 spike problem
From: Bob Henderson <bob@5b4agn.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 12:27:16 +0000
It seems we have different interpretations of the same material.  I didn't
think anyone was blaming Charles.  I just saw helpful pointers towards a
solution.

However, I observe Charles is prone to stir folks emotions with sweeping
statements of condemnation.  He gave the Alpha 87A similar treatment last
month.

He isn't required to make any adjustment.  He has a choice.  He can follow
the very easy to follow Elecraft instructions, checking the appropriate
adjustments OR he can speak to Elecraft about sending his K3 back to them
for checking.  If he opts to check the adjustments himself and that doesn't
fix the problem he can still arrange to return it to Elecraft for their
attention.

I have never needed to send anything back to Elecraft and have heard only
good things about their customer service.

We might have worked.  I am very active, mostly CW.  OTOH the majority of
Cyprus hams currently active have calls in the 5B4A** series so you might
easily be thinking of someone with a similar call.

Concerning your hands on experience with the K3.  We all appear stupid
until we review the manual.  I think this observation pretty much applies
to all modern transceivers regardless of manufacturer.

73 Bob, 5B4AGN