[Amps] Amplifier Fans:

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Amplifier Fans:
From: Bruce Osterberg <n9bx@mchsi.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 13:33:25 -0500
Hello:  I have Built a W6PO amplifier in a 30 Inch rack cabinet, along
with it's power supply,(pictures available upon request.)  But I thought
I would add some internal fans on the inside to help cool the
transformer and exhaust a bit more air.  Well that turned out OK except
for the Noise, (electrical that the Fans Produce.)

With out the Fans on the noise level on the K3 is right at S1 all the
time.  Once the Fans are on it goes up to S5 and Stays there.  Mind you
these are cheap Ham fest fans, but I don't know if adding anything to
them would cut down on the Electrical Noise Generated.  But then as I
think of it I may have a Problem with the Switching Power supply from
China that I am using to provide power to the Fans.  That's easier to
check.  But if it's the Fans, is there a solution to this delima?

73 Bruce N9BX