Re: [Amps] Transformer guess?

To: Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformer guess?
From: Vic K2VCO <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:22:44 -0700
I haven't had a chance to actually try this yet, but since I am sitting at my
'work'
computer, I simulated it with the PSU Designer program (which I think came with
a recent
ARRL handbook). I entered the primary and secondary resistance values of the
transformer, etc.

The DC voltage was about 0.9 times the AC voltage when the load was adjusted to
80 mA.
Very encouraging! When I do the 'live' test, I'll let it sit for a few hours
and see how
warm the transformer gets.

As several folks noted, it will be helpful that I'm not going to use the
filament windings.

--
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA