Re: [Amps] FW: Transformer power rating guess(timate) and "stand-off" IR

To: Gene May <gene-may@hotmail.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] FW: Transformer power rating guess(timate) and "stand-off" IR responding thermometers
From: Robert Groh <rgroh@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 20:20:38 -0700 (PDT)
I bought one on Ebay for under $30 or so - a gun type device with an LED for
aiming.  Take a look on eBay for item #110937511368.

Seems to work well (I used it for monitoring temperatures of devices in and
around a 200W, 13VDC power supply).  Accuracy? Got no idea.  Repeatability -
seemed to be reasonable.  Actual measured temperature will, of course, be a
function of the thermal emissivity of the article being measured. I will not, I
understand, measure the temperature of glass tubes very well. Response time is
couple of seconds.

Cheapest way I could find to get some idea of what was going on.

73
Bob Groh, WA2CKY