Re: [Amps] MFJ products

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] MFJ products
From: Pete Michaelis - N8TR <pete.n8tr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 12:59:25 -0400
I do not have any experience with newer Ameritron amplifiers;
however  I have two older Ameritron AL-1200's.  The first one
I got directly from the factory almost 30 years ago is serial number 089.
The second, serial number 423, I got from an estate.  Both have been
used in many many contests and have been very reliable.  The older
one was driven by an FT-1000 for much of its life and still produces
as much power as when I got it.  Both amps were made before the
company was bought by MFJ.

73 Pete - N8TR