Re: [Amps] MFJ products

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] MFJ products
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 11:50:52 -0500
I didn't know the analyzers had firmware that could be updated.  I've
been happily using mine was they came from MFJ.  I got a second old
one at a hamfest.  I guess my only complaint is they eat up AA
batteries.

My MFJ experience varies.  Overall I'd rather have them around than
not.  They make and sell a noise phase shift/null box that can be had
for a reasonable price at hamfests and on eBay, that has saved many a
QSO at my shack.  Of course it needs some component improvements but
these are minor, and at about 1/4 the cost of the DX Engineering box I
am happy.   The DX E product is indeed much higher quality but it had
better be for the price they charge.

73

Rob
K5UJ