Re: [Amps] MFJ importance

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] MFJ importance
From: Charles Harpole <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 17:15:47 +0000
Martin, Mr. MFJ, is the most important man in the preservation of ham radio
around the globe.   He is more important than the DX or Contest Hall of Fame
folks, or the Ham of the Year at Dayton.  Why?  Because he innovates or copies
and sells cheap most of the accessories hams need.  He offers products that are
priced to equal their value and often low enough for the non-rich around the
world to get on the air because of these devices.  The defects in his products,
because well known and backed by a full guarantee, invite the ham to dig in and
learn about his devices (Heck, Elecraft Lovers brag that their K3 needed lots
of owner involvement to bring up to full use--read the Elecraft reflector to
see how much these buyers value the fact that their Elecraft purchases were not
"done" right out of the box.) Further he saved several ham companies which we
depend on for new products and for replacement parts for the stuff we already
have.  And he has stayed in America and hired all
 Americans in his plant.  He cant help that America no longer makes many of the
parts he needs to import or do without.  He allows dealers to sell his products
at a discount under MFJ direct prices. MFJ gives you what you pay for.  MFJ
does not try to protect its reputation via ads or lies or the cultivation of a
Lovers club.  If you dont like what I am saying, imagine ham radio world wide
with absolute no MFJ products... how do you like that? 73

Charles Harpole
k4vud@hotmail.com