Re: [Amps] Heathkit SB-1000 Arcing

To: nz4o@tampabay.rr.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Heathkit SB-1000 Arcing
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 16:55:41 -0500 (EST)
Hi Thomas, you might try using a piece of pvc tubing, such as the jacket
off a piece of coax as a make do stethoscope to locate the sound from the
arc.

It might help to remove the filter board from the chassis and connect it
with some extension wires to get it out into the open.

Beware the hv; do be careful!

If this fails, just pack it up along with a $00 bill and send to me; I will
 make sure it gets a decent burial.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 11/26/2012 3:06:06 P.M. Central Standard Time,