[Amps] Peter Dahl Transformers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Peter Dahl Transformers
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 04:40:51 -0800
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 10:59:08 -0600
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
To: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Cc: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Peter Dahl Transformers

I take it the intelligent design is the one where you are not
dissipating heat and running a fan and wasting power.
Don't forget to employ an under rated transmission line matching
network that also has to be fan cooled.

73

Rob
K5UJ

##  Nothing wrong with running a small, low speed fan in any HV supply. The
temp inside the
cab should be the same as the room temp.  It’s worth it to keep the plate xfmr,
hv electrolytics, bleeders,
eq resistors, and any glitch resistor cool.

##   I use filters over my 120mm fans... then push air into the cab.  Then any
warm air comes out the other side. That puts
positive pressure inside the cab at all times.... which in turn always ensures
a dust free environment inside the cab.  I have
a solid top for the hv cabinets.  That way dust can’t get in through the solid
top since it has no holes it.

##  Those 7 watt, 65 cfm  whisper fans are dead quiet.  Easy to slow down if
you want.

Jim  VE7RF