Re: [Amps] Peter Dahl Transformers

To: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Peter Dahl Transformers
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 21:26:55 -0600
Suddenly you're talking about solid state ham rigs; nice try--do you
have fans on everything?  That question makes just about as much
sense.   Are you working on a design for a 1000 amp production run or
a one time deal for your shack?  Spare me the "good engineer" stuff.
If you want to make everything on the cheap and fan cooled and pretend
you work for MFJ knock yourself out.  I'd say if a transformer is
getting as hot as an uncooled MOSFET PA on the back of a plastic
radio, it has a problem and a fan isn't the answer.   Do you have a
heat sink on your H.V. plate supply transformer?

Of course, this is also an opinion.

73

Rob
K5UJ