Re: [Amps] Peter Dahl transformers

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Peter Dahl transformers
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 01:04:24 -0500
On 2/21/2013 11:47 AM, Vic K2VCO wrote:
This is so true! I am now the local expert in fixing computer monitors
that failed because the small capacitors in the switching supply that
powers the backlighting have gone bad. If your monitor has gone dark,
take a look inside -- you may find electrolytics that are swollen up or
leaking.

This is particularly true of Samsung monitors. I keep a package of them handy. I've never had more than 1 fail at a time and they are quite easy to replace. OTOH it is a quite cxommon problem.
IIRC They are only a 1/4" or 3/8" in dia and about 3/4 inch long.

I think shipping was more than the caps.

73

Roger (K8RI)