Re: [Amps] original thread: Peter Dahl transformers, remark about capac

To: k2vco.vic@gmail.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] original thread: Peter Dahl transformers, remark about capacitors...
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 14:33:17 -0400 (EDT)
Hello All, every capacitor has a series self resonant frequency that is
determined by the lead inductance and the actual capacitor value.

Shorter leads have less inductance than longer leads and would have a
higher self resonant frequency.

For bypassing purposes it seems that the lowest impedance would provide the
 most effective suppression. At higher vhf/uhf/microwave frequencies,
capacitors  are often selected for self resonance to provide the lowest
impedance
 possible.

73,
Gerald K5GW

In a message dated 4/3/2013 10:16:53 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,