[Amps] Electron HOLE flow

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Electron HOLE flow
From: <jim.linda@roadrunner.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 6:59:46 +0000
When I first went to school to study electronics they taught the theory called
Hole Flow.  Lets start with the idea that there may be more than one way to
have a free electron looking for a home.  When an electron is released from an
atom he looks for another atom to nest.  The receiving atom has to release one
when that happens.  It's against the rules to have an extra one that doesn't
belong there.  So as current flows there are atoms receiving an electron and in
turn releasing an electron.  Not all the atoms in a material are so lucky to
receive the gift of a free electron, but if it is, it has to releases one also.
 The process of receiving one and releasing one is called "hole flow" and for a
short time the atom that lost one has a hole, but when it receives one again it
is a happy camper.  Musical chairs is a good way of visualizing it.  My two
cents worth.