Re: [Amps] Plate modulation from power supply ripple?

To: <TexasRF@aol.com>, <ww1c@outlook.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Plate modulation from power supply ripple?
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 12:48:51 -0500
AM modulation is a multiplication (mixing) process. Without a switch
(amplifier driven into cutoff) there is no multiplication of the signals.

The variation in plate voltage due to power supply ripple will be seen in
the output as addition and subtraction of the main signal and ripple voltage
but at a very low level if the amplifier is linear.  No side bands are
created as they are in an AM signal.

73

Gary  K4FMX

  _____