Re: [Amps]  LF oscillation caused by defective plate choke?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps]  LF oscillation caused by defective plate choke?
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 07:30:04 -0400
I would like to thank Peter, Jim, Carl, and others in addition to Manfred for input on my amplifier issues. I now have a plan to improve the by-passing.

I wish it were reasonably possible to add the second choke and by-pass in the plate circuit. Unfortunately with the somewhat crowded layout of this amp there is no place to put it without a lot of metal work and another ugly kludge. Hopefully, since things seem stable for the moment with the new plate choke, improved by-passing will help ensure it stays that way.

Thanks again, everyone.

73,
Paul N1BUG