Re: [Amps] Best source for Gigavac GH-1 ?

To: Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Best source for Gigavac GH-1 ?
From: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 09:25:04 -0700
Very interesting experiment with the RF-1D, Larry. I may try the same
life test with an RJ1a to see how it holds up. Incidentally, I did
test an RF –1D earlier this year and found it to be surprisingly slow,
especially for such a little tyke. I don't have my notes here at hand,
but I think the make time was around 4–5 ms with several bounces.

As I'm sure you know, some vacuum relays are specifically designed for
hot switching DC loads, but most are not. Gigavac makes some very nice
PCB-mount relays rated at 5 ADC/10 kV. I believe they have tungsten
contacts, with high melting points.
73.
Jim w8zr

Sent from my iPhone