[Amps] E-core transformer

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] E-core transformer
From: Larry <larry@w7iuv.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 07:57:32 -0800
Some time back, some one on this list had a suggestion for dis-assembling the E-core ferrite transformers typically found in switching power supplies. I've had good results using them in low band SSPA's and would like to use more in my latest project.

I have a quantity of salvaged transformers that I want to re-use but am having a lot of trouble taking them apart so that I can rewind. I've tried heating with a heat gun, but the ferrite falls apart before the varnish gets soft. Any suggestions?

Larry - W7IUV