Re: [Amps] Fake and Counterfeit Chinese Transistors 2SC3133

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fake and Counterfeit Chinese Transistors 2SC3133
From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 17:47:29 +0000
On 31 December 2013 16:57, Jim W7RY <w7ry@centurytel.net> wrote:
> xiaobao_semi was the seller.
>
> But you need to go here and watch this video. MOST (if not all) of the cheap
> hard to find parts on EBay from the far east are counterfeit.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEy5VktrOY4
>
> A real eye opener!
> 73
> Jim W7RY

Is it me, or is it normal practice to switch an electronic product off
before changing the transistor?

He compains it gets hot and wonders why. Would it be that the metal
bit on that TO-220 transistor needs to be connected to a device called
a heat sink?

I'm not saying they are not fake parts, but he sure has a funny way of
testing them.

Dave