Re: [Amps] Fake and Counterfeit Chinese Transistors 2SC3133

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fake and Counterfeit Chinese Transistors 2SC3133
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 14:58:00 -0500
On 12/31/2013 1:04 PM, Eddy Swynar wrote:
Hi Guys,

Lesson learned here: avoid anything "Made In China" if at humanly possible
anymore...

Years ago, we went through the same thing with parts and devices from Japan and likewise it was the cottage industry. Not all Chinese stuff is bad or cheap. There are some good tubes coming out of there, but you still need to watch the source.

As for counterfeit parts, the hams and home entertainment centers are not the only victims. Not too long ago, there was a scandal of them showing up in parts for one of top line fighter planes and other systems.

Our approach to failed electronics has led to "junk pickers" in various countries pulling circuit boards for parts and metal.

Some of those companies taking failed electronic equipment for recycling have just been dumping the stuff in third world land fills and we get the parts as relabeled components.

If it'll fit, put a part # on it.

73

Roger (K8RI)

We've seen it here in Canada with their chicken poop-fed fish farms, their
floor-sweeping-stuffed toys, their lead-laden kids' toys, their cheap hardware,
AD NAUSEAM.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

---
is active.