Re: [Amps] Fake and Counterfeit Chinese Transistors 2SC3133

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fake and Counterfeit Chinese Transistors 2SC3133
From: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 17:39:56 +0000
Jim,

I just got scammed on some fake and counterfeit 2SC3133 transistors on EBay. They have the emitter and collector pins REVERSED! Blew up some additional stuff in the Icom 751A that I'm repairing.

I hope you gave the seller some well deserved negative feedback? A note to eBay might also serve to let off some steam - but likely not for much more. I sent a suggestion to eBay a few days ago - and only got back an automated reply telling me to call them by phone at their call center, international!

I'm presently waiting for two pairs of RF transistors from China. A set of drivers and a set of finals, both for two different Icom radios. In both cases I ordered them from China because I couldn't find any other place to order them from. RF Parts doesn't list them. I will let you all know whether what I get are real or fake parts.

Manfred