Re: [Amps] Russian HV Supply Capacitors

To: "MU 4CX250B" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>, "Bill Turner" <dezrat1242@wildblue.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Russian HV Supply Capacitors
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 21:33:42 -0500
I still wouldnt use any laser discharge caps in an amp PS; they are pulse rated and do not handle current very well. There have been numerous reports of US caps going back to the 80's that literally exploded when run at full voltage. Derated to about 50% they were OK at least in a 1200W amp PS.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "MU 4CX250B" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>