Re: [Amps] Russian HV Supply Capacitors

To: km1h@jeremy.mv.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Russian HV Supply Capacitors
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 11:16:32 +0100
I agree with Carl here. I had a string of 220mFd 500 volt electrolytics meant
for photoflash work: even in a choke input filter, they didn't last very long
before squirting stuff out of the vent holes. The Sprague 36D computer grade
electrolytics I replaced them with lasted for years, and have only been taken
out of service because there's an Acom 1500 due to arrive on Monday!

Capacitors meant for SCR commutation are another matter - they are designed for
continuous high currents

73

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: Jan 10 2014, 02:33 AM