Re: [Amps] QRO operation into a 80 meter vertical

To: Mark Beckwith <r-emails@n5ot.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] QRO operation into a 80 meter vertical
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 08:09:10 +0100
Being a folded unipole, it has a high feed impedance - 1200 ohms or more. The
current in the radials is measured by taking the ring to which they were all
connected and using a 250mA thermoammeter between the base of the tower
(grounded) and the ring, and feeding full power into the antenna. The radials
were lying on the ground. Same effect when elevated. This was done after it was
found that adding radials had no measurable effect on feed impedance.

73

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: Feb 21 2014, 02:27 PM