Re: [Amps] Triband balun

To: <Gary@ka1j.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Triband balun
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 17:38:52 -0400
A 2.4" type 43 toroid from Mouser, etc. wrapped with the correct turns of coax from K9YC's site. About $4 and change.

The BN-86 is a voltage balun and I blew 2 of them, once in the 60's on a TH-6 and again in 91 on another one. Both times with 1200W; they dont like a high VSWR.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>