Re: [Amps] dual section cap

To: "'Carl'" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] dual section cap
From: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 17:07:37 -0600
Carl,
I remeasured the cap, and the two sections are 17-63pF and 24-316 pF, pretty
much what I had measured before N years ago. A single section cap on the
same frame would be 379 pF, or maybe a smidgen more since there would be
coupling between two plates that are separated in the dual-section version.
I used a good quality cap meter and compensated for the lead capacitance.
73,
Jim W8ZR