Re: [Amps] Buck-Boost Transformer Selection

To: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>, Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Buck-Boost Transformer Selection
From: MU 4CX250B <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 11:06:42 -0600
I agree with Manfred's comments exactly. When I referred to "peak
power" in my example, what I actually meant was the RMS power drawn by
the Quadra from the AC line when it is driven to its maximum output.
Lower duty cycle operation (eg SSB) will obviously result in less
power drain from the AC line. I misused the word "peak," and Manfred's
interpretation is the correct one.
73,
Jim W8ZR

Sent from my iPhone