[Amps] Query on oxidation and cado use

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Query on oxidation and cado use
From: Charles Henry <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:20:12 +0000
A serious question.........1.  I have LOTS of oxidation on my plugs and
sockets, even when firmly plugged in and undisturbed.2.  I know how to wipe
that off and especially like those few socket designs now used that include a
WIPING action when plug is inserted.3.  How to fight this problem short of
dissemble and wipe.....

What about the Cathodic Protection?   Sometimes used to retard degradation of
dissimilar metals like rebar inside of concrete?    Is there a way to use this
principle on electronics circuits.  Maybe a "gettering" process with everything
turned off???    My real question of the week.   Charly