Re: [Amps] 5 Minutes for Ameritron 811H to warm up?

Subject: Re: [Amps] 5 Minutes for Ameritron 811H to warm up?
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 20:09:40 +0800
You said it in one Jim.

If you buy a AL811, you deserve what you get.

A guy local to me had two of them. One with three tubes and one with four. They were forever breaking down and he usually brought them around for me to fix.

In the end, I reminded him that he earned really good money and that he had a really great station except for his amplifiers and that he should just dump them and get something decent. Thankfully, he did. Dunno what he runs now but I know it ain't the 811 amps.

Alek
VK6APK