Re: [Amps] tetrode push-pull amp schematics

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] tetrode push-pull amp schematics
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 04:24:33 -0500
Quoting Vic Rosenthal <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>:
I also don't understand why push-pull is so attractive.
The easiest way to get an unbalanced output is to use link coupling as shown in the old handbooks. You can use a fixed link with a series capacitor as a loading control.

It's a link to our past  ( pun intended ).

Somewhere in my garage stash is a push-pull assembly from an old AM Broadcast transmitter with a "swinging link" and one with a rotating ( variable coupling )
link.

The big one was, I believe, used in a pair of 833 triodes running class "C".

and the other may have been in the grid circuit.

I've always wanted to build an "open-air" 160 meter amp or AM transmitter
with all the components behind a protective clear plexiglass panel.

I might add a neon transformer and connect a "Jacobs Ladder" type of circuit that would be triggered at the start of each transmission or on voice peaks...

Turn off the lights and watch the old bottles glow orange and the blue sparks
fly.

Really impress the grandkids and non-ham visitors in the shack.

I'm not sure I could achieve the same effects with ceramic tubes .... LOL !!!

Don W4DNR