Re: [Amps] Odd query....

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Odd query....
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 23:34:52 -0400
Back on the farm, when I was young, it was lard, bacon grease, and fresh churned butter. Boiled dinners or steaks and potatoes smothered in a thick, rich gravy. Eggs fried, submerged in bacon grease for breakfast. Yet, heart attacks were rare. OTOH we had people dying from measles, mumps, chickenpox, TB, and polio.

IIRC lard and a bit of lye to make soap, and lard made good grease for hardwood pillow blocks at the top of your tower. Boil those pillow blocks in lard, but you had to be wary of the salt content..

73

Roger (K8RI)