Re: [Amps] Follow-up...re: Time to ask for help.

To: "'Roger'" <ai7rogerroger@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Follow-up...re: Time to ask for help.
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@largeriver.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 11:59:57 -0500
Hi Roger,

First, is the circuit push pull/parallel or are all tubes in parallel?
If they are push pull you will need two neutralizing capacitors (cross
neutralization)

If all are in parallel the lead from the neutralization capacitor has to go
to the bottom of the grid coil with a capacitor to ground from that point.
The capacitor to ground gives a path to ground for the grid coil while
keeping it slightly above ground rf wise for the neutralizing path. This is
assuming you have a parallel tuned/link coupled grid circuit.
The neutralizing signal has to be out of phase with the grid.

You should also be using the grid bypass rings on the tubes. These are the
rings with the fingers with the bypass capacitor built in.

You should always have a 50 ohm load on the output and one on the input too
if not connected to the exciter.

73
Gary  K4FMX