Re: [Amps] [SGC-SmartPowerCube] SG-500 and N8XJK Super Booster

To: SGC-SmartPowerCube@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] [SGC-SmartPowerCube] SG-500 and N8XJK Super Booster
From: "Christopher E. Brown" <cbrown@woods.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2016 12:28:26 -0800
The SG500 will draw > 90 amps for a 500+ watt carrier and > 100 amps on peaks
at times.

My shack supply is a deep-cycle bank with a 110amp supply specifically designed
for batt
bank management.

Nominal 13.6VDC, 13.4VDC at keyup for a 500+ watt carrier dropping to 13.2VDC
where it
will hold forever.

10M carrier limits to around 450, but everywhere else at least 500 while still
clean and
more like 650 peak down on 80M.

Connect to a BATTERY with a proper charge system able to keep up with the AMP.

ALT, a LARGE power supply capable of at least 110amps at 13.2 or more.

Those boosters are great for a voltage sensative rig in portable use, putting a
SG500 on
one...not the best idea.