Re: [Amps] [SGC-SmartPowerCube] SG-500 and N8XJK Super Booster

To: SGC-SmartPowerCube@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] [SGC-SmartPowerCube] SG-500 and N8XJK Super Booster
From: Christopher Brown <cbrown@woods.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 12:44:11 -0800
I would suggest you plan on 50 - 60 amps average draw, that is what I
see with moderately compressed SSB running 450 - 550 PEP.

As to my comment on the booster...It is a DC to DC switcher, at beast
you would be running it at 100 - 150% rated average output with a load
that is still going to be drawing ~ 90amps peak.  Even if the unit help
up I would expect issues with self modulation of your supply voltage.

I think those things are great for 100watt HF rigs or HF/VHF/UHF rigs
that only produce full power at 13.8 or higher and fall off below that,
but you are talking a multiple of that.

If you can maintain 13.2VDC at amp terminals you should be able to get >
400watts PEP.

>>> 18VDC: <http://www.sgcworld.com/ampProductPage.html>.  Has anyone attempted