Re: [Amps] HIGH FILAMENT VOLTAGE

To: "'amps'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HIGH FILAMENT VOLTAGE
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 16:45:49 -0600
There are several ways to fix this one. I mentioned Diodes because I know it
works. It may not be the best solution, but is a simple way to obtain a volt or
so drop. A bridge rectifier takes up a small chassis space and a 50 amp block
will support 2x3-500 or 2x4-400 tubes. They are in the $3 +/- range

Here is an example.

http://www.newark.com/multicomp/gbpc5006/bridge-rectifier-single-phase/dp/51T1789?MER=sy-me-pd-mi-alte

73, Jim – w5ifp@gvtc.com